Monday, June 22, 2009

Unexpected Behaviour

Taylor and I went on her class trip today to have a ride on Theodore Tugboat in Halifax Harbour. Taylor, like the other kids were getting rangy and rather wound up. So when we were home to meet with the summer sitter at 3pm I didn't expect her to quietly disappear. Mackenzie hung around chattering away; wound up herself on meeting a new person and having a sleepover at Grammie and Grampy's. Later this evening, I learned that Taylor hadn't been quietly watching the movie, Hercules, as I assumed, but rather CLEANING HER ROOM!!! When I tucked her into bed I was astounded to learn that she had not only made her bed and put her clothes away but there was nothing on the floor any more to accidentally step on or trip over or stub a toe on. It was a mother's dream. :) Of course I praised her on being so grown up and responsible and called Daddy in to see what Taylor had done without any prompting. What a girl!

No comments: