Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mackenzie School Orientation 29 May 2009

Mackenzie has been going with me every day I drop Taylor off at school for French Immersion for almost two years. She has gone to Taylor's Christmas concerts, the cookies with Santa event, an ice cream social, a pajama dance, two Spring flings, gingerbread house construstion, a craft help day, and so forth. She also knew on April Fool's day that I stood in line at 5:30am to get her into Taylor's French Immersion school. We also got the call early (late May) that Mackenzie had been accepted into French Immersion. So, when primary orientation day came, Mackenzie was VERY confused when I dropped Taylor off but not her. She went to her orientation at Sackville Heights. There were children there from our neighbourhood surprised that she was starting this year and thinking that their child would be attending with Mackenzie. Mackenzie ended her orientation labelling many of the children that she had recently met as her new friends and "in my class." I so wish that the French Immersion school would let the first five or so kids orientate at their desired school. It is so confusing to so many. I wonder how Mackenzie will take it when I drop her off at the French Immersion school in the fall.

No comments: