Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Times Have Changed

On the drive home from school two weeks ago, Taylor pulled her paper creations out of her backpack and announced, "I made my own laptop and cell phone." I had to start laughing, and then of course, I had to explain myself. "Taylor, when I was seven there weren't laptop computers. Computers filled an entire room. We didn't have cell phones or only special people had them and they were big and bulky." Reminds me of the list Warren emailed me once, "100 things your children will never see." Our eldest child though, does know how to use a rotary phone and how to use a turn table. The both know what a record is as well; it's not a large cd (as was once thought by a grade two student). Is technology changing too fast? What about global warming? We progress with technology but not in ways to save our planet. Now I'm confused.

No comments: