Friday, September 25, 2009

How Do Babies Get Out?

Again, the conversations the girls and I have in the car are ... interesting. We got our new puppy and then the questions began. The girls started talking about the possibly of having our own puppies. So then they wanted to know how babies are made. - I kept it brief.- They wanted to know how to keep our puppy from having babies and why we had to. And they wanted to know how babies get out of their mummy's tummy. So... I told them that women have three holes. One for pee, one for poo, and one in between that the babies get out from and that mommies bleed from when they aren't going to have a baby. That brief explanation done, we moved on. Or so I thought. Girls night, I was hosting and my two girlfriends were over. Jaime's Spock birthday cake and the answer to how to babies get out combined in Mackenzie's mind. Mackenzie walked up to Jaime and informed her, "you know that boy on your cake? When you get married you will have five babies. Babies come out of a hole. Girls have three holes." Jamie looked at me wondering how to respond. I nodded, "that's right. We have three holes." I explained later to Jamie what the heck Mackenzie was talking about. And she relayed to story to her mother. Hard not to. :-)

No comments: