Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do You Think He's Handsome?

Jaime's 30th birthday was approaching so we had to come up with a cake design that would top last year's cauldron in the forest. It also had to be easy as I was working full hours prior to our weekly FCW meeting. Lately Jaime has discovered her fondness for Spock in Star Trek. So I went online looking for a cake design. They were all too complex or not Spock orientated enough. Then I thought I would just make a basic 8*8 square cake. Then I'd put green jello in the center (Vulcan blood is green) and top it with a photo of Spock. In my google images' search for Spock I found a cut and paste on body version that would do the trick; a naked from the groin up photo of Spock. I printed this off and glued it onto wax paper so that the ink wouldn't run. Initially our get together was to be a Jaime's apartment rather than my house. Jaime was worn out that week from finishing school for the year and beginning work and practicum. So the cake went into the freezer for a week and our meeting was at my place the following week with my girls to share in the eating of the cake. Mackenzie was quick to pipe up when the cake was set before Jaime (who had a good laugh about it when she first saw it). "Do you think he's handsome? Are you going to kiss him when you get married? (And without waiting for a reply) Yuck! Kissing is gross." Knowingly Jaime's response, "Oh, you'll change your mind someday."

No comments: