Monday, November 17, 2008

Serious Adult Conversation

I had to smile yesterday as I watched my two girls playing make believe. Mackenzie was seated on her wooden chair beside the coffee table, pretending to sip her tea from her toy china cup, "...and you'll be my sister forever" was the end statement I caught as I tuned in. Taylor was standing, the skirt of her dress pulled up to show her striped tights. She held her baby kitty stuffy to her breast as she looked at Mackenzie and continued in a serious tone, "does it hurt your nipples when you feed your baby milk?" Mackenzie replied in an equally serious tone, "yes, me do!" I have come to understand just how much children hear when you think they can't hear you from the other room. I also realise that, at least in this case, this isn't a bad thing. From observing my sister and I my girls have learned a lot such as a) nursing one's own baby and some realistic expectations such as pain being involved yet still its still being a good thing for Mommy and baby and b) sisters are great to talk to about anything.

No comments: