Friday, November 7, 2008

Babies

The pregnancy of my sister with her third child has raised a lot of questions, formulations, and memories (either real or unreal) from my eldest. While driving to the hospital tonight to visit our newest addition, Josiah, Taylor started talking to Mackenzie about being in my belly. She told Mackenzie that when she was in Mummy's belly that she talked to her. Taylor also asked Mackenzie if she remembered being in Mummy's belly and Taylor talking to her. Taylor said she told her, "hi, baby." Mackenzie piped up and added with her side of the story, "and I said hi. Hi, Taylor" in a babyish voice. - Later Taylor repeated to Andrea what I had explained to her, that babies can hear the voices of people around them when they are in their mummy's tummy and then they aren't scared when they come out of their mummy's tummy.

No comments: