Saturday, February 22, 2014

New Friend

Well after 2 years and 9 months of separation, my ex has had a couple of new friends (that my girls know of). They have commented that it is awkward to walk into the living room and find dad and his "new friend" cuddling. I wonder how much should be explained to our 9 and 11 year old girls. I know the youngest says the new friend is my twin, fun and friendly, and she has envisioned a future with a two story house instead of the log home if daddy were to re-marry. Mind you, I asked her what she would think if I had a new friend and the first thing she said was, "I don't want you to get engaged." I don't think she has any worries. I'm in no rush to do that again. Been there. Done that. I asked her what my new friend should be like. Her forth-right response was this: he must love animals and wild children, be a little fat like you, like camping, and not be too old (in his 50's) not too young (in his 30's).

No comments: