Wednesday, May 25, 2011

That Would be a Waste Because....

On one of our rare warm days, Mackenzie complained, "I'm sweating." She had a "solution" as well. "I'm going to pour my (lunch) milk over my head when I get home." I started to explain that it would be a big waste because cows had to make that milk and the farmer had to gather it. Taylor surprised me by continuing the milk process chain, "the farmer collects the milk with tubes, puts it in big cans, takes it to the factory where it the milk is treat it it so there are no germs in it to make you sick. Then it is put in containers and taken to the grocery store. So it would be a waste if you dumped it on your head." - It's nice when I don't have to do all the lecturing. Now, will Kenzie listen to her sister any better than me? Well, she didn't have any come back argument nor did she pour any milk over her head. Likely spoiled her fun. - And I did tell them that some people drink raw milk without pasteurization.

No comments: