Thursday, February 3, 2011

Me, Myself, and I

Last week when the girls and I were at home, storm-stayed on the girls' first no-school-due-to- snow day; they were getting restless beyond my patience. Not atypical. I had the brilliant idea to get them started making their Valentine's. I was fortunate to have the items on hand already. I set them to work with foam heats, ribbon, and stickers of various sizes, colours and sparkle. Taylor sat down with her classroom photo to remember all the names. Mackenzie handed me paper and pen to write down the names as she remembered them; boys column and girls column. She knew there are 20 in her class. She was ble to get all the names up to 19 by picturing the classroom and who sat where, as well as by following my suggestion of going through the alphabet. But no way could she remember the last missing person. They worked all afternoon, surprisingly, and made all 20 Valentine's in one sitting. Once they were nearing the end Kenzie piped up, "Mommy, I know who I forgot. Me!" lol Figures.

No comments: