Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Two Garages

While in the car, again, on the way to pick Taylor up at school, a Sick Mackenzie piped up and asked me from the back seat, "Mommy would you like two garages?" She then went onto say that Daddy and I could each have one. I could my stuff in one and DAddy could put his stuff in the other. I said I'd like to have a shed to put bkikes in, the lawn mower, and the wheel barrow. Then with some leap in logic, Mackenzie told me if I lived in one house, Daddy could live in the old house. She also went on to ask if kids can stay with their mum or dad if they (parents) aren't living together any more. I told her that kids can. She said she'd like to stay with me and that she thought Taylor would too. We had just finished watching Little Bear and Caillou on television; both two-parent families. I had to ask Mackenzie, why was she asking me this? Of course she said, "I don't know." I asked if she had kids in her class who only one parent but I didn't get an answer. I know Taylor has single-parent children in her class. But how did this all begin from, "Mommy would you like to have two garages?" Children are....shall I say, interesting.

No comments: